4.12.2009

Cousin Kolton's One-Month Celebration

.

...
Cousin Kolton reached his one-month of life on April 8, and to celebrate, his parents held a big dinner party at a Chinese restaurant.

According to Chinese custom, the baby's biggest celebration is at one month when the baby is (finally) allowed out of the house. An infant who reached one month of age was likely to survive, and so a "Red Egg and Ginger Party" was held, introducing the latest addition to relatives and friends.In Cantonese the occasion is pronounced "moon yeut."Traditionally, the baby's name is also announced at this time. The Red Egg and Ginger party has evolved over time into a banquet style dinner.

I was a good baby for most of the evening. But when Great-Auntie Rose and Great Uncle Pau make faces at me I don't like that and so I started screaming. :D


Here's Kolton with Great Grandma Kwok and
Great-Auntie Rose and Great Uncle Pau.


With my daddy, Uncle Andrew, Po Po, Gung Gung, and Great Grandma Kwok.

Me and Po Po. Doesn't she look nice all dressed up!
Oh, I was dressed up too in my collared shirt and dress pants!

This is Auntie Tina, one of mommy's good friends.

2 comments

Unknown said...

your images are linked to localhost:5247, so I think something's wrong. localhost is your own PC!

Laughlin the Fierce said...

Not sure what happened there as it's automated. Anyways it's fixed now! Thanks!

 

My Blog List

Followers