5.17.2012

Post-Partum Discomforts

.

Liam is almost 3 months old - no longer a newborn. He is much more aware and he 'talks', 'coos' and smiles a lot more. He has also started to laugh out loud, which is so wonderful when he does it.

My friend Amie visited last week and brought back my baby scale for me from Vancouver. So now I can weigh Liam anytime I want. Liam now weighs 14 lbs. What a heavyweight!  It's great but also adds to my health issues.

My right leg/hip hurts when I walk, especially if I am carrying extra weight or going up or down stairs. My physiotherapist says it is instability at the sacroiliac joint (side effect of pregnancy, the joint relaxes or is sprained during delivery). Because the joint has too much movement, other muscles are trying to take up the slack. I've had this problem since a week after giving birth to Liam. So I cannot run or easily go up or down stairs or do any exercise.

I've also got carpal tunnel in both hands, and also plantar fasciitis in both feet - I had both these conditions with Connor as well. Plantar fasciitis causes pain in both feet when walking, especially upon waking in the morning.  I'm just falling apart!

I need to try harder to do all the prescribed physio exercises to get better. I've been doing them but I also seem to keep aggravating the SI joint every other week.


Connor loves being a big brother!
He loves Liam's soft hair and skin.

With my friend Amie, visiting from Vancouver


 



3 comments

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear your body is breaking apart!

In addition to prescribed physio exercises, you should consider eating some herbal foods to help heal your tissue, muscle and ligament problems.

Maybe try "pig/chicken feet" boiled with vinegar, eggs, etc? Pig's feet are high in collagen ... which may help your plantar fasciitis issue. Not sure if you believe in this .... but, there's a reason why Chinese grandmas keep insisting that we eat "pig's feet" right after child-bearing?!? :->

CL

Lucia said...

Good idea CL. Maybe Mom can ship me some ... not sure where I can get yhat dish here :)

Anonymous said...

Some Chinese restaurants will have this dish. We actually ordered it once when we went out for dim-sum.

You can always look for the recipe (online?) and try to make it at home. Good luck! :->

 

My Blog List

Followers