1.29.2009

Six months old update

.

...
Wow, I just noticed that my last post was on January 10th! Boy I am so behind!

Connor is now more than 6 months old and has started solids! Such fun, such fun. Such messes!

I started him on rice cereal - some freebie packets I received from Heinz and Nestle. Ended up buying a box of Heinz because it was less sweet. I also made some brown rice porridge which I then pureed. Connor isn't liking that as much, probably because it is not sweet.

Today I tried giving him some pureed carrots. He seemed to like but I think he doesn't like the texture of it all that much. It will take some time, it seems, for him to get used less liquidy textures.

Here's a video of Connor eating...




Sleeping update - we've set up Connor's bed and I have been sleeping with him in his room. This has been working out good, he doesn't seem to know the difference as long as I'm there with him. One significant improvement to this setup so far is that for his daytime naps, he has been sleeping super well in that bed - for up to 2+ hours at a time! He does wake up and cry for some BF or a soother works sometimes too, but once pacified he just goes back to sleep.

Out like a light!


Here's how we have the bed set up. I bought a bed rail.
However I haven't been using it lately,
|since Connor doesn't roll around just yet.

0 comments

 

My Blog List

Followers