9.14.2008

A "good" day

.

...
Connor had a "good" day yesterday - we were out all day and he hardly fussed at all. Probably because he did sleep all day the day before. We had lunch with my family and aunt's family, my grandmother, and the visiting grandparents, at a very noisy Chinese restaurant for Dim Sum, and then we went for a short shopping excursion on Main Street (hubby wanted to shop for LP records, that's his latest hobby). Through all this Connor didn't fuss at all. I also have finally realized that Connor must want to go to bed around 8pm, which would explain why when we went out for dinners that he was so fussy all the time.

Yesterday I was able to pump a good 5.5 ounces of milk around 9am quite easily, probably because Connor had not fed that much that morning (which was unusual). I have found it difficult to express a more 2 ounces of milk per side. For example right now I am trying to express a bottle and while the left breast cooperated, the right breast is not.

I have found the La Leche League book "The Womanly Art Of Breastfeeding" to be very helpful. It was after reading this book that I decided to let Connor sleep in our bed. This has helped me immensely - I no longer need to sit up in bed and pick Connor up and risk disturbing his sleep to boot. By laying in bed and just turning to nurse him, I am able to tend to his hunger as soon as he starts fussing. This arrangement has resulted in a much better sleep for me, even though I do end up sleeping on my side for the most part because Connor has a habit of creeping his upper body towards me and ending up on a diagonal - basically taking up a good part of the bed! Daddy still worries about possibly rolling over onto Connor or elbowing him in the head. I think he actually did elbow Connor in the head last night but Connor was in a deep sleep and it did not bother him the slightest.

OK, I will now try to express more milk for the rest of the bottle for today's outing!

0 comments

 

My Blog List

Followers