9.23.2008

Important Simplicity crib and bassinet recalls

.

...
So I caved in again today and had one cup of coffee this afternoon. That may explain why I am up at midnight blogging - I added some resource links to the blog. I still have to add all the shopping links.

In the last month two different Simplicity brand products were recalled - the drop side crib, and the 3-in-1 and 2-in-1 convertible bassinets. While no injuries have been reported yet for the crib, according to the US CPSC website, two babies have died from the convertible bassinets, and there are almost 1 million of these bassinets still out there! The saddest part is, the CPSC releases report the first baby died on September 29, 2007; the second died on August 21, 2008. Why did it take this long for the recall and why isn't this front page news everywhere?? I remember when I did my research on bassinets in July 2008, I did see recall information on the Simplicity website, since I was considering purchasing one of these bassinets. I am however unable to see any recall posts for this product on the CPSC site prior to August 28, 2008.

If you search the CPSC website recalls by "Simplicity", you'll see this isn't the first time Simplicity has recalled cribs. So it isn't a surprise that the CPSC reports that they are no longer in business.

Even scarier though, search by the word "crib" and see all the recalls.

This is the not-so-fun part of parenting - a million things to worry about. Our Storkcraft crib isn't on the recall list, thank goodness (not that Connor is even sleeping in it yet, though - he's still sleeping in our bed between Linds and me).

0 comments

 

My Blog List

Followers