9.21.2008

Thermometer readings for baby

.

...
Connor did have a slight fever last night around midnight. It took hubby Linds and I quite a while to figure out the baby thermometer. To take an underarm temperature, you have to place the thermometer lengthwise next to the body under the arm for 90 seconds. 90 seconds sure feels like forever when you are trying to find out if your baby has a fever or not! I definitely need to buy a new fancy thermometer, one that takes temperature in 4 seconds and has the auto "fever" indicator. Linds and I also debated on how to read the underarm temperature. Underarm temperature is 0.5 C less than oral temperature. The normal "high" temperature is 37.7 C orally. Connor had an underarm temp. of 38.4 C, so we figured that is 38.9 C. I think I got it right now - Linds knew what the instructions meant and I was the one that was confused.

0 comments

 

My Blog List

Followers